Live, work, empower San José! If you are passionate about the environment and you enjoy working with diverse teams in a fast paced environment, than a career with San José Clean Energy may be the right choice for you!
In 2017, the City of San José established the Community Energy Department to administer San José Clean Energy (SJCE) – the City’s new electricity supplier. San José Clean Energy is one of the largest Community Choice Aggregators (CCA) in California. The mission of the department is to procure clean, cost-effective energy for the benefit of its customers.
Working for SJCE means you are part of the City of San José family too! San José, the Capital of Silicon Valley, is one of the nation's best managed cities and one of the top ten cities in which to live, work, and do business. Moreover, San José is the center of cultural, government and economic activity for the region. The employees of the City of San José have embraced the following values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Celebration.
Analyst - Two Openings
Deadline to apply: Monday, March 2, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
We are seeking to fill one (1) full-time Analyst position and one (1) full-time Overstrength Analyst position. The Overstrength Analyst position is currently funded through June 30, 2020 with ongoing funding anticipated to be included in the 2020-2021 Operating Budget. The positions will support the Account Management and Marketing Division.
Ideal candidates will possess broad sets of administrative experiences and have the analytical skills to creatively support a variety of administrative functions across the department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring of the Account Management and Marketing team’s major vendor contracts;
- Acting as account management support, including supporting the data and call center;
- Supporting engagement with large commercial and industrial energy users, including rate analysis and programs such as EV charging infrastructure;
- Supporting outreach and engagement with energy users on new product development, sustainability reporting, and program analysis;
- Being able to effectively communicate to a variety of customers (residential, corporate, governmental) on complex energy topics and offer efficient, consultative support;
- Answering inbound phone calls from customers with questions about the program and/or their bills;
- Supporting cost-benefit analysis of potential new Department programs;
- Analysis of customer electricity usage and impact of rate changes;
- Analysis of revenue collection compared with plan;
- Lead rate change implementation, including analysis, memo writing, and coordination with data services vendor;
- Assisting to prepare bids and specifications, and monitoring the timely fulfillment of deliverables by consultants and service providers;
- Utilizing Excel and CRMs to review customer data and prepare contact lists;
- Performing data analysis and visualization to help inform decision-making;
- Represent the department at outreach and tabling events as needed; and
- Reviewing compliance of consultant and service provider work progress and the accuracy of billing and invoices for services.
- Senior Accountant
- Staff Specialist